I recently scheduled an extreme close quarters gunfighting class in the Central Ohio area. I expect this class will be full, so if you are interested, sign up early. Here’s the class announcement:
The skills you learned on the target shooting range or in your CCW class may not work for you when the fight happens within arms’ reach. Extreme close range gunfighting is a completely different skill set, one that relies far more on FIGHTING than on mere shooting.
With approximately 50% of gunfights occurring at ranges closer than five feet, you need this skill set! Join Greg Ellifritz as he teaches a dynamic close quarters gunfighting class that will cover the following topics:
– Retention Shooting Positions
– Body positioning and shooting stances for the close quarters fight
– In-fight weapons access and drawing skills
– Stopping and opponent’s draw
– Making contact shots without creating malfunctions
– Close quarters gun disarms
– One handed close quarters malfunction drills
– Using the firearm as an impact weapon
– Drawing and shooting from unconventional positions
– Weapons access and gunfighting from the ground
– Rescuing a partner or family member who is in an opponent’s clinch
– Weapons retention, (in holster and in hand)
– and numerous other techniques!
– Handgun, quality holster and belt, spare magazines and holder
– Eye and Ear protection
– Thin Gloves that will still allow you to shoot your pistol
– 150 Rounds of ammunition
This is not the class for a beginning shooter! Proper gun handling skills and evidence of prior training is a prerequisite for the course. Prior training in a combative martial art or police defensive tactics class will be useful, but not required. The class will be somewhat physically demanding, so please show up expecting to work hard.
Single Person $175 Couples $250
October 26, 2013 – 9:00am-5:00pm
Briar Rabbit Shooting Sports, Zanesville, Ohio
If you are interested in signing up for the class, visit the Ohio Shooting Sports Webpage.