Written by Greg Ellifritz
Just wanted to let all of you know about some upcoming classes I have scheduled….
For those of you in the Virginia area, I have a few more openings for my upcoming classes in the Culpeper in a couple weeks. I will be teaching a defensive knife class on Saturday, October 14th and an Extreme Close Quarters Shooting class on Sunday, October 15th.
Registration for either (or both) classes can be done on the FPF Training Website.
Course descriptions for each of the classes are below. I hope to see you at one of them! If you are interested in taking some classes later this year check out the rest of my 2017 training schedule.
I will be posting some 2018 dates soon.
Extreme Close Quarters Gunfighting
The skills you learned on the target shooting range or in your CCW class may not work for you when the fight happens within arms’ reach. Extreme close range gun fighting is a completely different skill set, one that relies far more on FIGHTING than on mere shooting.
With up to 50% of gunfight fatalities occurring at ranges closer than five feet, you need this skill set! Join Greg Ellifritz as he teaches a dynamic close quarters gun fighting class that will cover the following topics:
– Retention Shooting Positions
– Body positioning and shooting stances for the close quarters fight
– In-fight weapons access and drawing skills
– Stopping and opponent’s draw
– Making contact shots without creating malfunctions
– Close quarters gun disarms
– One handed close quarters malfunction drills
– Using the pistol as an impact weapon
– Drawing and shooting from unconventional positions
– Weapons access and gun fighting from the ground
– Weapons retention, both in holster and in hand
This is not the class for a beginning shooter! Proper gun handling skills and evidence of prior training is a prerequisite for the course. Prior training in a combative martial art or police defensive tactics class will be useful, but not required. The class will be somewhat physically demanding, so please show up expecting to work hard.
Knife Skills for Concealed Carry
The Basic Knife Skills for Concealed Carry class is an introductory course designed to give people who normally carry a concealed pistol an alternate defense option if they venture into areas where carrying their pistols is illegal or impractical.
Topics covered will include:
• Choosing a defensive knife
• Carry locations
• Drawing and opening the folding knife under stress
• Basic cutting angles and targets
• The three ways to use a knife to stop an attack
• Escaping life-threatening physical attacks with a knife
• Transitioning between knife and pistol
• Weapon retention using the knife
The class will not be knife specific. Both fixed and folding blade training knives will be provided by the instructor. All ages and fitness levels will be accommodated.