Written by: Greg Ellifritz
Next month, I’m teaching two classes in Culpeper, Virginia and a knife class locally at Blackwing Shooting Center in Delaware, OH. I wanted to let you all know about them in time to register.
For all of you training junkies wanting to take these classes, please don’t wait until the last minute to sign up. My hosts need to make a certain amount of money to bring me in and make a profit of their own. If you wait until the last second to sign up, they are more likely to think no one is interested and call everything off. When you see a class you want to take, register as soon as possible.
I will begin scheduling 2019 classes at the end of the month.
Below are the course descriptions and registration details for the upcoming classes. You can read previous student reviews of the courses at my student feedback page if you have any questions.
I hope to see some of you at one of the courses soon.
Ground Fighting—Greg Ellifritz
October 13, 2018
Contact FPF Training to register.
Combat experience shows that the majority of both civilian and law enforcement defensive encounters end up with one or both parties fighting from the ground. Acknowledging this fact, Active Response Training’s president and primary instructor, Greg Ellifritz offers an innovative ground defense class in Virginia. This ground combative system will allow you to learn the skills necessary to defend yourself in the worst-case scenario when a violent criminal forces you to the ground. This is not a sport Jiu Jitsu or wrestling class. Students will learn simple, effective combat techniques that will allow them to overwhelm their adversaries and facilitate a rapid escape.
Topics covered include: ground defense positions, kicking and striking from the ground, empty hand lethal force techniques, escaping from the mount and guard positions, and choke defenses. Students will also learn how to deploy edged weapons from a grounded position and how to defend against both firearms and edged weapons on the ground.
Extreme Close Quarters Gunfighting-Greg Ellifritz
October 14, 2018
The skills you learned on the target shooting range or in your CCW class may not work for you when the fight happens within arms’ reach. Extreme close range gun fighting is a completely different skill set, one that relies far more on FIGHTING than on mere shooting.
With up to 50% of gunfights occurring at ranges closer than five feet, you need this skill set! Join Greg Ellifritz as he teaches a dynamic close quarters gun fighting class in Virginia that will cover the following topics:
- Retention Shooting Positions
- Body positioning and shooting stances for the close quarters fight
- In-fight weapons access and drawing skills
- Stopping and opponent’s draw
- Making contact shots without creating malfunctions
- Close quarters gun disarms
- One handed close quarters malfunction drills
- Using the pistol as an impact weapon
- Drawing and shooting from unconventional positions
- Weapons access and gun fighting from the ground
- Rescuing a partner or family member who is in an opponent’s clinch
- Weapons retention, both in holster and in hand
- And numerous other techniques!
This is not the class for a beginning shooter! Proper gun handling skills and evidence of prior training is a prerequisite for the course. Prior training in a combative martial art or police defensive tactics class will be useful, but not required. The class will be somewhat physically demanding, so please show up expecting to work hard.
Length- 9 hours
Ammunition requirement: 250 rounds
Defensive Knife for Concealed Carry with Greg Ellifritz
October 28, 2018
The Defensive Knife for Concealed Carry class is an introductory course designed to give people who normally carry a concealed pistol an alternate defense option if they venture into areas where carrying their pistols is illegal or impractical.
Topics covered will include:
• Choosing a defensive knife
• Carry locations
• Drawing and opening the folding knife under stress
• Basic cutting angles and targets
• The three ways to use a knife to stop an attack
• Escaping life-threatening physical attacks with a knife
• Transitioning between knife and pistol
• Weapon retention using the knife
The only thing you will need to bring for this class is your lunch .Both fixed and folding blade training knives will be provided by the instructor.